BIRD FIRST AID & CARE FOR PET-CARE PROFESSIONALS (and Bird Parents too!)
The program is designed to move at your own pace from the comfort of your own home and you will have 6 months to complete it.
This course is made up of two sections:
- Basic Bird First Aid, which makes up the bulk of this course, taught by Pet Safety Crusader Denise Fleck™. Because most pet first aid trainings and courses focus primarily on dogs and cats, it’s important to take advantage of bird-specific pet first aid training like this one if you plan to offer avian care services.
- Bird-Sitting Basics, conducted by Pet Sitters International staff. This section reviews the basic information you need to keep in mind as you prepare to offer bird-sitting services as part of your pet-sitting business.
Passing this course will award students with a certificate of completion.
- Checking Vitals and Head-to-Tail Feathers check
- Basic Avian care and diseases
- What to do for : Attacks by another animal, Broken Blood Feathers, Bleeding Tongue, Breathing Difficulties, Burns, Dehydration, Diarrhea, Poisoning, Regurgitation/Vomiting, Shock and Straining
- What Items to Have in Your Bird’s First Aid Kit
REGISTER by clicking HERE
You will be redirected to Pet Sitters International (but you do NOT need to be a member) to complete registration & certification 🙂
“Basic Bird First Aid” is a handy guide that will provide you with the 4-1-1 you need to know to help your avian friends. This book contains additional information and first aid care beyond the scope of the class so it is sure to become your go-to guide when your bird needs you most! Click on title above to purchase.
Also, pages 171-177 in “The Pet Safety Crusader’s My Pet & Me Guide to Disaster PAWparedness” deal specifically with Bird First Aid Basics. The e-book is FREE with purchase of a print copy.
and also applies towards CEU credits with the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters…